Day 9 (Washington)
Washington proved to be an amazing state. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that we stayed an extra day here, unless it's just a naturally awe inspiring place. Either way, I loved every minute of being in Washington. From the small town, eclectic cafe that we stopped at to down town Seattle.Our first stop was at this little, eclectic cafe in a small town called South Bend. I walked in and wasn't too sure about eating lunch there. I was taken aback by the used clothes and old antique items that lay around this little space among the dinning tables.

We found a quiet table that had a beautiful view of the Wilapa River and proceeded to look around this odd little place.
This old typewriter was sitting there by the window. I pressed a couple of the keys just to see if it would work and the corresponding letter rose up to meet a long gone ink ribbon. The typewriter was an "Underwood." These were first manufactured in New York City back in the 1800's. I wonder if the owner's realize it could be worth something?
We found this little display on the other side of the store among vintage clothing and some vintage jewelry.
Little did I know, when I was at the cafe, that my sweet boyfriend had purchased this little bauble from the vintage jewelry display. He gave it to me as we were standing at the Pacific Ocean and looking out at the waves in awe that we finally made it that far. Such a romantic!!
As I was looking around and taking pictures, our waitress, Alex, came over and helped us pick out our music from the stacks of records in the corner. Eric Clapton was what was decided on and was placed into the record player. How cool!!
The menu had some pretty crazy items on there. Take for instance the Bacon Peanut Butter Pepper Jelly Burger.. I'm all for different, but that was a little much for me! I ended up with the Breakfast Burger. It was phenomenal!! I liked that they were all organic too. You don't really find places like this while travelling. It made me feel like I was back home in Ithaca, NY.
The one thing that we wanted to do and the reason that we had taken this route through South Bend, Washington was because we wanted to visit the Pacific Ocean. Neither one of us had ever been this far west and we thought that if we were going to be in the area, we had to visit the Pacific. It was so surreal to stand on the beach and look out over the rolling waters. I've always heard about this side of the world but never got travel to it. Standing there today was absolutely amazing to me!

When we were finished here it was on to some heavy travelling. We had to be into Bonney Lake, Washington for 6:30 to watch my cousin play soccer. Traffic was backed up and both sides were congested due to an accident, but we made it and only 5 minutes late. It was great to be able to catch up with family. When the game was done, we went over to my cousin Richard's house where his wife Irene had made some pumpkin cake to celebrate her daughter's wins. We all talked late into the night... after all, we hadn't seen each other in over 10 years. We couldn't believe it was that long! In any case, we had a big day tomorrow. We were going to take a field trip into Seattle to see some sights and take a day off from driving. Space Needle, here we come!!





Comments
Post a Comment