The Beginning
I stepped outside of the house this dark, brisk, and early October morning, only to be over-whelmed by the impenetrable darkness that lay before me. I stood there for just a moment and stared out wistfully into this black void. The wind was wild and ripped through my hair. I listened to the harsh rustling of leaves and the groans of the trees as it gusted through; no doubt plucking the leaves from their branches and blowing them wildly through the air.
"The winds of change" I thought to myself.
I chuckled aloud and said, "How ironic."
"The winds of change" I thought to myself.
I chuckled aloud and said, "How ironic."
Today brings with it significance. It marks an eleventh anniversary to a man I've divorced and a new adventure with a man I've just met. We leave today and embark on journey across the country to see friends, family and new sights. Our final destination?... Seward's Ice Box (thanks SB for pointing that out!) Very nervous and excited at the same time. Wish me luck!

Comments
Post a Comment